Erasmus+ is an EU scheme which aims to modernise education, training and youth work across Europe. It offers schools, colleges or other educational institutions funding for staff training. Excel English Teachers’ Courses are eligible for funding under Key Action 1 – Mobility of Individuals. Full details can be found in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
You are eligible for funding if you are a teacher (English or other subjects) and are from one of the following countries –
- Any of the 28 EU countries
- Liechtenstein; Iceland; Norway; Turkey; Macedonia
The funding covers, in part or in full, the cost of the course, accommodation, travel and living expenses.
How to apply to Excel English with EU funding
- It isn’t difficult to apply for Erasmus+ funding, but do allow yourself time to complete all the stages.
- Your school or educational organisation must be registered on the European Commission’s Educational Portal for a School Education Mobility Project. You cannot apply individually.
- When your school is registered, it will be given a PIC Number (Personal Identification Number) which you will need to apply for funding.
- Excel English is registered as a receiving organisation, PIC Number 945387221
- Obtain your Erasmus+ application form from your National Agency and check deadline dates.
- Choose the teachers’ course you’d like to attend, complete and return the school application form and the Analysis Form (Teachers’ Courses).
- We will send you a pre enrolment letter and a summary of the cost of the course, accommodation, etc, which you can send with your Erasmus+ application form to your National Agency. The form should state how your course will fit into your school’s European Development Plan, and how you intend to disseminate what you have learnt to your colleagues on your return.
- DO NOT BOOK FLIGHTS UNTIL YOUR FUNDING AND COURSE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED.
- Contact us as soon as you have been informed that your funding application has been successful (this takes 10-12 weeks from the deadline date). We can then make your provisional booking definite. (If your application is not successful, we are happy to enrol you as a self funding student).
- Send the school a deposit of £300 to secure your place.
- If your school has received additional funding, contact us to ask if we can take extra participants.